Now at the CAW
Community Art Workshops
Learn from some of Santa Barbara’s most exciting art teachers and mentors and create in community at the Community Arts Workshop.
Classes begin January 27, and options are available throughout February and March 2019
At the CAW In our second semester of Community Art Workshops we are offering classes that refresh and inspire, that teach new ways of attention, ideation, communication, and emotional nuance. This second semester we’ve got classes in poetry, storytelling, drawing, public art, and imagination.
100% of our first semester of students said they would recommend the program to others. 89% of them rated the quality of teaching 5/5 (“Excellent”) and the other 11% gave it 4/5.
Come be a part of it. We’ve got eight week classes, four week classes, and drop-in classes, all at different times to fit around your schedule. We offer scholarships.
Participants last time said:
“I felt truly stretched... it was amazing to feel myself growing in the process and seeing how other class members were growing in leaps and bounds.”
“Wonderful project which inspires art and community connection. It is a gift to listen to other peoples’ stories, to learn from experts in town, and be a part of community work.”
“This was a community building experience for each of us. Phenomenal.”
Come take a class!
Found Create Presents:
Children's Art Classes
A space dedicated to supporting the development of children through artistic learning.
Classes begin March 5.
This 8 week session is focused on helping children build a strong relationship between themselves and the studio space by establishing an art practice. The class will focus on various artists work and is heavily material based.
For children age 7-12 years old
Thursdays from 3:30-5:00 pm, March 5, 12,19, April 2, 9, 16, 23, 30.
$200 for 8 week session.
To register or with questions contact teaching artist Emily Murray at email@example.com, (805) 895-1134.
Emily Murray has 14 years of experience teaching art to children in non-profits, art museums, the United States, Tanzania, and India. She has a bachelors in Art Education from California State University Chico. Enthusiasm and creativity are contagious and she hopes to share this with all her students.